Cultural Exploration Club to Host Parent Information Meeting over Travel to Paris

Back to Article
Back to Article

Reanna Arndt, Copy Editor

The Cultural Exploration Club will host a parent meeting in the library to answer any questions about the trip to Paris on Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 6 p.m.

“It’s important for parents to attend this meeting so they can get their questions answered,” club sponsor Douglas Moore said. “We are asking them to trust us with their children’s safety on a very large trip, so they need to have their questions answered.”

There was already a parent meeting in the spring, and there will be another one later in the fall.

“Once we find out who all is traveling,” Moore said, “we will have a parent meeting for them before we leave to go over where we will be, how to get into contact with us, what to pack, and those kinds of things.”

It will be beneficial for students to attend the meeting as well.

“The parents got to know all the information and what all was going to go on, and they would see the price and see the whole package,” 2019 trip attendee Raquel Rafael said. “So, they would know what’s going on and who’s going, and they give out information. Like, if things can go wrong or if the flight is cancelled. It’s always a good thing to go, so you can find out things or just ask questions.”

The deadline to sign up to go to Paris is about 30-90 days before the trip, which is from May 8-13, and the prices rise as the trip approaches.

“The only way to ensure that you’re going to get the lowest price is to sign up early,” Moore said.

The price to go to Paris is $3,715, and there are a few payment plans to choose from.

“We do fundraising to keep other costs (tips, meals, gas, etc.) to a minimum,” Moore said. “In fact, we have been able to cover all of the costs so that the only other cost the students have had is for souvenirs.”

Students will be able to experience Versailles and many monumental sites, such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, Notre Dame and the Arc de Triomphe.

“You can always search up the Eiffel Tower on Google or on other stuff, and you can see it there immediately,” 2020 trip attendee Jazmin Guevara-Velazquez said. “But to see it in real life, it’s different.”

For more information, please email Doug Moore at [email protected]