Anime “Positive Minds” Class

A textbook the class uses

A textbook the class uses

Andrea Morales, Reporter

The Anime club leaders have organized a class, Wednesdays during B lunch, where the counselor, Ashley Wulf, helps students learn and practice personal self-care and coping skills.

The group, founded by Brisa Guevara and Scarlet Shires, has a goal to learn skills that will help them manage the stress of everyday life. Such as balancing the academic, extracurricular, and social aspects of life.

“Those are necessary skills that we need to take with us into adulthood,” Wulf said. “Life does not slow; our obligations simply change.”     

The purpose is to empower the students with personal tools that will hopefully help to keep things in perspective and deal with life in a healthy way, as a student and an adult.  

“Things such as this are the reason that I am here,” Wulf said. “I believe that this generation, and the generations to come, are under extreme pressure to fit into a certain mold that has been imposed by society through social media.”

Wulf wants each student to understand that he or she is not alone in their struggles and that there are ways to overcome it.

“Personally, and professionally, I want to see students be able to take the ups and downs that life will inevitably throw,” Wulf said. “To be able to move through it without becoming consumed by it.”

Many who attend the meetings find it very helpful.

“I’m glad that the school decided to make something where people can learn how to deal with stress in a healthy way,” one of the participants said.

There is no invitation needed to attend these meetings.

A textbook the class uses