Pray For The Wicked

Album Art

Album Art

Andrea Morales, Reporter

Panic! at the Disco will donate $1 from every ticket sold during the U.S. leg of their Pray for the Wicked Tour, which is July 11-March 30, to Highest Hopes. Pray For The Wicked, is Panic! At The Disco’s sixth studio album which was released on June 22.

As the only remaining original band member, Brendon Urie has started “Highest Hopes,” which is a human rights non-profit organization that supports the efforts of non-profit organizations that advocate support for human rights.

“It’s nice to know that Panic! At The Disco is generous enough to donate money to such great cause,” sophomore Trinity Moore said.

Originating from Las Vegas, Nevada, Ryan Ross, Spencer Smith, Urie, and Brent Wilson formed a band called “Panic! At The Disco” in 2004. Ross, Smith, and Wilson all left the band between 2009 and 2015.

Panic! At The Disco has released six studio albums in total, which are A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out (2005), Pretty Odd (2008), Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die! (2013), Death of a Bachelor (2016), and now Pray for the Wicked (2018). The albums have all fallen under many different genres such as pop punk, alternative rock, pop rock, pop music, baroque pop, synth-pop, and emo.

While Panic! At The Disco makes music, they also help people in the process.

“My mood is very easily changed by the music I listen to,” sophomore Ella Shires said. “And Pray For The Wicked makes me feel more energetic, which helps when I play tennis.”

Panic! At The Disco’s main goal is to not just help people, but to make music that people love and enjoy.

“It is one of my favorite albums; it is really good,” Moore said. “High Hopes is basically my favorite song. He’s worked so hard to make his fans happy.”