Tomorrow X Together

Group name and symbol

Group name and symbol

Andrea Morales, Reporter

BigHit Entertainment, a South Korean entertainment company, has finally revealed all five identities of their new boy group, Tomorrow X Together (TXT), on January 20.

Choi Yeon Jun (19 years old), Choi Soo Bin (18 years old), Kai Kamal Huening (16 years old), Kae Tae Hyun (16 years old), and Choi Beom Gyu (17 years old) make up the band. BigHit revealed each member with their own short video and their information a few days later.

Along with being the oldest of the bunch, Yeon Jun, born September 13, 1999, is a rapper and a dancer. He was also the first to be revealed on January 10, and his introductory video surpassed one million views in the first 24 hours. Yeon Jun was also a backup dancer in V’s, a member from K-Pop group, BTS, live stages and music video for his song, “Singularity.”

Soo Bin, born on December 5, 2000, is a rapper and the leader of the group. He was the second revealed on January 13 and used to dance with Gyeongtae, a member from K-Pop group, 14U.

Kamal Huening, born August 14, 2002, is the main vocalist, visual, and youngest of the group. Kamal Huening was revealed on January 15, and can speak four languages, which include: Mandarin, Korean, Portuguese, and English. His sister was also a former member of the K-Pop group, VIVA. Kamal Huening is also the first foreigner to debut under BigHit.

Rapper, Tae Hyun was the fourth member revealed, on January 17. When he was a little kid, he used to make educational videos, teaching kids how to speak English, and was also featured in one or more of his local advertisements.

Beom Gyu, a vocalist and dancer, was the last to be revealed, on January 20. From Daegu, South Korea, Beom Gyu was born on March 13, 2001. He was also a part of a rock band, and attended the same English academy as Yoongi, another member of BTS.

“It has been six long years since the debut of BTS, another group BigHit manages,” sophomore Daniela Leon said. “I am very ready and excited to hear what TXT has to offer.”

Since BigHit manages BTS, a famous seven-member boy group, TXT has been getting a lot of attention.

“I hope one day they could be as successful as BTS, but it is going to take a lot time and effort,” sophomore Trinity Moore said. “But there is no doubt in my mind that they will be great.”