Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
To all the older siblings, parents, babysitters, and hungry teens out there, I have a simply divine treat that can be made on a whim with things you probably have in the fridge or pantry.
These delectable treats are extremely simple to execute and take no time at all. So this year instead of getting the same old and soggy deli tray, try these. Trust me, your guests will be very happy with you.
- 1 (8-oz.) tube crescent roll dough
- 1/2 lb. deli sliced ham
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 8 oz. sliced Swiss cheese
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-x-8″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll dough and separate the sheet into rectangles. Pinch the perforations to seal. Spread mustard onto each rectangle. Top with sliced ham and cheese. Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle. Pinch edges to seal. Cut each roll into 5-6 slices. Place cut side up in baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley. Brush over pinwheels, then sprinkle poppy seeds on top. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the rolls are golden.