The Lariat

• January 10Varsity Boys Soccer win first district game against Jasper 3-0

• January 2Boys Varsity Basketball defeated by Huntington 32-49

• November 28Varsity Girls Basketball Loses to Chapel Hill 90-33

Culinary Decorates the Halls

Jose Sanchez, Entertainment Editor

On Nov. 20, the CHS Culinary class began to decorate the halls with the spirit of Christmas to bring a bit of life to the school.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year”  head culinary instructor Jennifer Fausett said.

Fausett had this idea many years ago that began with small donations that turned into the whole school being decorated.

“I hoped to add a little cheer to the hallways of CHS,” Fausett said. “We started small with two trees and asked for donations. Angela Waller played a big role in getting trees and decorations donated.  From there we have had donations from the school each year.”

This has been going on for many years and will continue to do so.

This project is in its 5th year,” Fausett said. “I was excited to see the newspaper staff sponsor a door decorations contest this year as well as NHS decorating the courtyard.”

The students had the opportunity to decorate their own choice of a hallway, within reason.

“We decorated wherever we wanted,” senior culinary member Johali Aviles said, “but we also decorated where people would be able to see it.”

Fausett had her students help make the idea become a reality.

“It’s always Mrs. Fausett’s idea, because she always likes to bring more spirit into the school,” Aviles said, “rather than just having a dull, and empty school.”

Many believe this brings spirit and life into the school and lightens up the mood of the school itself.

“We needed something to make the Christmas spirit at CHS better,” senior culinary member Norriel Barnes said, “and setting up Christmas decorations was a great addition to the school. It can only go up from where it is now.”

The culinary members are very satisfied with the outcome with the decorations.

“We get a lot of positive comments on the decorations,” Aviles said, “many students love the ornaments in front of the office on the trophies.”

About the Writer
Jose Sanchez, Entertainment Editor

Jose Sanchez has been on the Lariat since 2018. He currently works as an Entertainment Editor. He has been in the band for 5 years and plays the trombone....