Bellion to Release New Album Nov 9

Back to Article
Back to Article

Bellion to Release New Album Nov 9

Andrea Morales, Reporter

Jon Bellion will release his new album, Glory Sound Prep on November 9th.

He is known for his single, “All Time Low,” from Bellion’s album The Human Condition, which was released in 2016, and was top 5 in the US Billboard 200. Bellion has made four mixtapes, Scattered Thoughts Vol.1 (2011), Translation Through Speakers (2013), The Separation, and The Definition (2014).

American singer and songwriter, Jon Bellion, was born on December 26, 1990 in Lake Grove, New York. Bellion  chose to write songs professionally his junior year. After high school, he entered Five Towns College in Dix Hills, New York. When Bellion turned 19, he decided to dropout of college to focus on his music career.

“I have waited two years for his new album,” sophomore Daniela Leon said. “I am really excited because I know it’s going to be great! Jon never lets us down.”

Bellion released his first single to his studio album, Glory Sound Prep, called “Conversations With My Wife,” on October 19, which brought an emotional relief to some of his fans.

“I cried four times,” Leon said. “I still get teary.”

“Will you love me when my phone turns off? I don’t want to be some digital Jesus,” are some of the lyrics to “Conversations With My Wife.” The majority of his songs refer to God or reality. For example, his songs, “Human,” “Hand of God,” or “He is the Same.”  

“Jon has said, in past interviews, that he makes music people can relate to,” Leon said. “For example, on The Human Condition, he had put the song, “He Is The Same,” as the first song of his album for one reason: to show people no matter what happens, he will always be the same.”

After almost three years of waiting, fans will finally be getting what they have been begging for. Glory Sound Prep will surely be worth the wait. As Leon said, “Jon never lets us down.”